Friday, August 21, 2009

Sushi and stuff

It appears that my last two posts were written in moments of slight intoxication. Um...I apologize for that...yeah. So moving on!

I ate sushi for the first time in my life this past Wednesday!!! It was AMAZING!!! And! I drank sake for the first time in my life that night as well! AND! I was not completely uncoordinated using chopsticks like I thought I would be. I really cannot say why exactly but this was a big deal for me! I even ate octopus and I really think that it was my favorite! Amy took me to Tokyo Sushi up in the city. I knew that trying sushi for the first time should be with someone who knows sushi rather than picking some up from like Wal Mart or something...ugh...can you imagine? Anyway! This place looked like a shack...to put it simply. An interesting shack anyway...like one you might find on a beach with the boards all weathered and whipped by sand and sea. However, I've learned not to judge an establishment based on outside appearances in my experiences and besides I totally trust Amy! And I think that shacky (my new word) looking places are usually rather fabulous! The inside was all squishy and narrow with a display of all the raw offerings right there when you walk in. The giant tentacle of octopus threw me a little bit but I still agreed to eat some...which obviously I'm glad I did! I felt insecure and redneck like people were going to make fun of me for not being cultured enough to work some chopstick...but I quickly banished that insecurity and opened myself up to the experience. I think Amy described me as a "sushi hero." Was that the right phrase, Amy? She said most people aren't so hard core on their first sushi experience. My thought is that if you are going to try something new, you might as well submerge yourself in to it! So I submerged myself and can't wait to eat sushi again! Holy cow it's hella expensive though! Amy treated me though and paid for two thirds of it...which was a pretty good chunk! I'm so happy to have her for a friend...and not because she bought me dinner! Geez I'm not that kind of person! I'm happy to have her as a friend because she introduces me to new experiences and she can speak intelligently about things. People are stupid these days, you know, so I've become somewhat of an intellectual snob. Sorry, stupid people.

Speaking of stupid people! I'm merging on to an on ramp for the interstate and out of no where there's this little corvette right there beside me causing me to continue barreling down the shoulder. This jack ass didn't have their mother f*ing lights on!!! So...well...road rage embraced me in all of it's burning glory and I sped Black Betty, my big ass truck remember, up on the corvette's inadequate rear and blasted my horn and flashed my lights. Then I pulled up beside them and flipped them off...all the while being a safe driver and hoping they get pulled over :) Stupid people should not be allowed to drive...especially on the interstate! Driving 101: make sure your headlights are on while driving at night.

I fail at being girly. I'm pretty excited when I get my nails painted decently...usually I cannot do this and eventually give up and berate myself for sucking at being a girl as I grab the polish remover and cotton balls. I can't even fix my own freaking hair! I tried to use a round brush while blow drying it yesterday and could not get my arm or wrist or hand to control the brush in a styling sort of way. What the hell is wrong with me? I often times forget to put on jewelry even though I love it and have several nice pieces. I can't do my eye makeup worth a flip! My hair gets all ratty and tangled even if I'm just sitting. It's like the places on my body where girlish indulgences are supposed to take place actively reject any sort of style or beauty. Fail!

It's taken me like an hour to write this because I've been doing other things as well...next time I will focus more. It's a little after 3 in the afternoon now so I think I'll brush my hair, wash my face, and put some clothes on now. First let me find a sushi picture...


yummy yummy yummy!




Here's my painted fingernails I actually succeeded at! Yay! Tommy wasn't supposed to be in the picture. I was only trying to showcase my painted fingernails with my Jack on the Rocks... good stuff :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sushi Hero,

    Watch out for road rage. Jake did something along those lines to a guy on I35 and he ended up chasing Jake all the way to work where Jake had to run from him through the security gate like a little girl. Remember, if someone drives crazy, the probably ARE crazy. :)

    Love, The Sushi Pusher

    ReplyDelete

Followers